How To Make a Daiquiri
February 20, 2016 4:30 pm
How to make a perfect daiquiri
- In a mixing glass, measure two parts of light or dark rum and one part each of fresh squeezed juice from a lime, and simple syrup. (Simple syrup is equal parts sugar and water combined over heat until the sugar dissolves. You can make it yourself and keep it in the refrigerator in a closed container.)
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice to chill it.
- Strain the excess water in the sink, leaving the ice in the shaker.
- Pour the rum, lime juice and simple syrup mixture into the cocktail shaker and place the cocktail glass upside down on the shaker to create a seal and shake well. When the metal shaker is hard to hold because it’s so cold, you’ll know it’s chilled enough. To dislodge the mixing glass from the shaker, give it a good tap on the side.
- Strain into a glass with a cocktail strainer.
- Garnish with one thin lime wheel floating on top for an aromatic finish.