Mark Cuban is a Billionaire who is all about business and basketball. Mark owns the Dallas Mavericks and is probably best known for his role on the TV show Shark Tank. The Mark Cuban quotes in this post reveal some insights about how Mark has risen to massive success.
If you want to take your business to the next level take the advice from Mark, focus on sales, get obsessed, and win at the game of business like a shark!
1. Sweat equity is the most valuable equity there is. Know your business and industry better than anyone else in the world. Love what you do or don’t do it.
2. I still work hard to know my business. I’m continuously looking for ways to improve all my companies, and I’m always selling. Always.
3. What I’ve learned in these 11 years is you just got to stay focused and believe in yourself and trust your own ability and judgment.
4. “It doesn’t matter how many times you have failed. You only have to be right once.”
5. “It is so much easier to be nice, to be respectful, to put yourself in your customers shoes and try to understand how you might help them before they ask for help, than it is to try to mend a broken customer relationship.”
6. “Work like there is someone working 24 hours a day to take it all away from you.”
7. “It’s not in the dreaming it’s in the doing.”
8. “I love to compete. To me, business is the ultimate sport. It’s always on. There is always someone trying to beat me.”
9. “I still work hard to know my business. I’m continuously looking for ways to improve all my companies, and I’m always selling. Always.”
10. “Always wake up with a smile knowing that today you are going to have fun accomplishing what others are too afraid to do.”
11. “If you’re prepared and you know what it takes, it’s not a risk. You just have to figure out how to get there. There is always a way to get there.”
12. “What I’ve learned is that if you really want to be successful at something, you’ll find that you put the time in. You won’t just ask somebody if it’s a good idea, you’ll go figure out if it’s a good idea.”
13. “Follow the green not the dream.”
14. “Don’t let fear be a roadblock.”
15. “It’s not about money or connections – it’s the willingness to outwork and out learn everyone…And if it fails, you learn from what happened and do a better job next time.”
16. “Sales cure all.”
17. “Open offices keep everyone in tune with what is going on and keep the energy up. If an employee is about privacy, show him or her how to use the lock on the bathroom.”
18. “Being rich is a good thing. Not just in the obvious sense of benefiting you and your family, but in the broader sense. Profits are not a zero sum game. The more you make, the more of a financial impact you can have.”
19. “Once you have found out what you love to do, there is only one goal: to be the best in the world at it.”
20. “Creating opportunities means looking where others are not.”
21. “The thrill of victory in business blows away the thrill of victory in sports. Business is a sport 24x7x365.”
22. “Social media is just a platform. Twitter is a very simple and immediate broadcast platform. Facebook is a very personal, when it comes to friends and when it comes to fan pages, a little bit less but still somewhat personal way to communicate.”
23. “If you’re going to compete with me or one of my businesses, you’d better recognize that I’m working 24 hours a day to kick your ass.”
24. “The first cities to create friction-free enterprise zones will get a lot of entrepreneurial traction.”
25. “In my opinion, right now there’s way too much hype on the technologies and not enough attention to the real businesses behind them.”
The 25 Mark Cuban quotes above will definitely help you achieve greater business success.
Leave a comment below and let us know your favorite Mark Cuban quote! 🙂